Thinking of all of you-


Hello All You Hum 9er’s!
The last official day of classes has come and gone and I already feel a void in my heart. I have had a great year teaching you and more importantly- learning from all of you. You all have taught me so much about yourselves as learners and what I can do as an educator, to better assist you in your learning journey.We have learned a lot about specific information in social studies, and how to write and read better in English, yet for me, this year was also about understanding and honouring who we all are as learners and how to advocate for ourselves. In reflection, I know that each of you have come far in both your personal and educational journey and I thank each one of you for allowing me to come along with you.
When you return next year, please do come find me and say hello, as I will miss you and how lovely it will be to hear from you.
I wish you all a summer filled with joy, happiness and most of all FUN!. Hopefully you'll pick up a something to read along the way and when you do, I hope you will stop and think of all the reading strategies you have learned and put them to use. I also hope that you continue to advocate for yourself and most importantly- Believe in yourself; I know I believe in each and every one of you. You are all capable of greatness. Be the change you want to see in the world (Mahatma Gandhi).
My best to you-
Most sincerely,
Ms. Minuk
PS: Keep Humming Along,
eminuk@sd38.bc.ca
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When will we get our marks for our heart maps back?
ReplyDeleteI so agree with the person before. When will be get them back???
ReplyDeleteAlso, will we ever write a thrid poem?
When are we going to do novel studies?
ReplyDeletecan we do another poem?please that was very fffffuuuuu fffffffuuuuuu......fun
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to say that I do not know the answer to either question;I recommend you email Mrs. Watson directly.
ReplyDeleteWe will soon be starting a novel study that we will do with the whole class; we will also be doing literature circles a little later on.
ReplyDeleteI think I can safely say that there is a strong (very strong) possibility that we will do another poem.
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering...will we be using this blog the whole year?? I am really finding it useful when I miss school and I can easily catch up:)
ReplyDeleteYes, We will be using the blog for the rest of the year. I am happy to hear you find it useful.
ReplyDeleteTo whoever did the new headers...they look really nice!!
ReplyDeletei really like whoever did the NEW header they look really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI REALLY WANT THE HEART MAP MARKS!!!!!
ReplyDeletethe new headers look great i can't wait to see the other ones! i hope other people bring in more awesome headers.
ReplyDeleteHey, i was just wondering where the poems page was. i heard that their was a section where we could comment on other people's poems and i wanted to read some and i can't see the section.
ReplyDeleteYou can find it under the peer editing section
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THE NEW HEADER!!
ReplyDeleteit is really really nice! who ever made it is the best at making headers in the class
it was very cool and unique
it makes me think that the shadows is of the people in our class
Hey, so how's everyone's spring breaks going so far?? Can't wait to hear!! (:
ReplyDeletethe new header looks awesome!
ReplyDeletethe shadows make me think that it is our class, all uniting together
does the "drawing conclusion" have to be colored?
ReplyDeleteThe quick answer is NO, the Drawing Conclusion homework does not have to be coloured. Many of you are using a double entry format which I would never expect to be coloured. Yet, if you are doing something like a mind map, it helps to colour it; having said that, you decide!
ReplyDeletecan some people please post up new poems???
ReplyDeleteI love the three that are up their though. they are really nice.
i agree! i spend my extra time reading them! they are awesome. pleeeeeeeeeeeeease send more!!! :P
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if soon a new pole would be up?
ReplyDeleteOH MY !
ReplyDeleteJUST LOOK AT THAT HEADER !
IT'S AMAZING !
where do we write that connection that was for homework over the weekend>?
ReplyDeleteOH MY !
ReplyDeletethat header is just beautiful !
whoever made that must be really awesome .
this is so sick !
:-)
Hello class, I love the banner!
ReplyDeletei have a question:
ReplyDeletewhen you use bibme.org and search for the book you used and they gave you the book with the right title and author but the publication date is wrong for example i wanted to search for a book that was published in 2006 but they gave me the book's first edition which was published in 2005 can i still use that?
Hi Kelly,
ReplyDeleteHmmm... The easy answer is yes; the longer answer is yes- yet I am perplexed as to why you are unable to get the correct date the book was published. Did you type in the isbn #? If you did everything correctly, rest assured that what you have is the most current and it will be accepted. Hope this helps.
umm... Ms. Minuk.... you might want to check the homework box.... cuz its really weird right now :D
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering, I tried a few a while ago to make a banner for the top. But it didn't work. I had a thought that it may be becuase I used paint on my computer and mine isn't a mac and yours is. Do you know if there is any other programs I could make it on?
ReplyDeleteOh... I wish I could help you but I am not very good with it so I will email you directly with a couple of names for you to contact-
ReplyDeleteMM