I accidentally erased the questions so I am jut going to make something up!
1. What is your greatest muse?
2. What do you need to do your best writing (e.g., a quite room, my music...)
Thinking of all of you-


Hello All You Hum 9er’s!
The last official day of classes has come and gone and I already feel a void in my heart. I have had a great year teaching you and more importantly- learning from all of you. You all have taught me so much about yourselves as learners and what I can do as an educator, to better assist you in your learning journey.We have learned a lot about specific information in social studies, and how to write and read better in English, yet for me, this year was also about understanding and honouring who we all are as learners and how to advocate for ourselves. In reflection, I know that each of you have come far in both your personal and educational journey and I thank each one of you for allowing me to come along with you.
When you return next year, please do come find me and say hello, as I will miss you and how lovely it will be to hear from you.
I wish you all a summer filled with joy, happiness and most of all FUN!. Hopefully you'll pick up a something to read along the way and when you do, I hope you will stop and think of all the reading strategies you have learned and put them to use. I also hope that you continue to advocate for yourself and most importantly- Believe in yourself; I know I believe in each and every one of you. You are all capable of greatness. Be the change you want to see in the world (Mahatma Gandhi).
My best to you-
Most sincerely,
Ms. Minuk
PS: Keep Humming Along,
eminuk@sd38.bc.ca
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. My greatest muse comes from my childhood memories or things that have influenced my life in a great way or my family. I think that most of my writing comes from my childhood memories because they are memories that I will never forget and they are very close to my heart. Events that have influenced my life in a great way are things that I write about because they probably have changed my life significantly and my life was very different before the event happened. An example of this would be when I got my 2 cats. Some of my greatest muses have come from my family because they are very close to my heart and they are in my everyday lives so I can connect with them on an emotional level. All of these things that have helped me write my best all have very significant values in my life so that is why most of them come from my family,changes in my life and my childhood.
ReplyDelete2. In order to do my best writing, I need a quiet place with no one around me and no other distractions. What I mean by no other distractions is that I just need my pencil, eraser and paper. I also need a pencil that writes well (: I think I need a quiet place to do my writing because I can focus and I can hear my thoughts without anyone disturbing me or me disturbing others. I also have a better chance of not losing my train of thought. With nothing else on my desk other then a pencil,paper and eraser I don't get distracted and I don't feel the need to start playing with things in my pencil case and binder. A pencil that writes well is not necessarily my favourite pencil but a pencil that is not too sharp and not terribly dull either, and has lead in it too!! I think I need all of these things to write my best because when I have these, I am in my own thoughts and feelings with no distractions or noises. With no other distractions or noises I can concentrate and give my writing my full undivided attention.
1.My greatest muse comes from both simple or important events in my life. Some simple lifestyle events satisfy me and gives me an inspiration to write about it sometimes. Big important life events sometimes lack originality because most likely the event will be as same as most people. So my inspiration comes from mainly from daily activities that happen in my life.
ReplyDelete2. In order to do my best writing i prefer a place that is quiet or with some background music and a peer. I like to first work independently and get my thinking down, then have a peer give me some feedback.
I usually get my muse from my childhood memories because I had a lot going on in my childhood; that I haven't forgot and don't want it to be forgotten, so sometimes I write it down in my dairy before I forgot.
ReplyDeleteI need a quiet room with music in order to focus my writing/thinking because i would not get distracted. Usually I get distracted by everything when I'm not listen to music
1)my greatest muse from my childhood memories things that have. for example when i got my grandpa he is like he belonged in my family but when you lose some one its like your heart was pulled out
ReplyDelete2)in order to do my best writing is in a guiet place because i cant stand when their is a lot of noise i just cant consitrait
1. My greatest muse comes from my past experiences. They are personal events unique to what I've experienced and looking back on them also makes me think about my mistakes and what I can learn from them.
ReplyDelete2. To do my best writing I need a place where I can sit and relax. I think better when I'm calm and not thinking about my other work.
1. My greatest muse comes from events that happens in my life. Small things can sometimes interest me into writing about it. Important ideas are usually things that happen in my childhood years, which is hard for me to forget, such as getting a scar.
ReplyDelete2. For me to do my best writing, I need to be in a quiet place without any distractions.
Homework from Wednesday February 18th By Jaya D
ReplyDeleteWas Napoleon a hero or non-hero? The critical timeline assignment is to help us figure out if Napoleon was a hero or non-hero. Although we could agree that he did do some terrible things but he also did some heroic actions to his country. The critical timeline will help us choose the right answer, some might say that he was a hero or some people will say that he was a non-hero. We have to figure out if Napoleon was doing the right actions for his country and his empire, but remember, "he will always remain a historic figure" . For each event you have filter the important information, decided on which event is important and summarize it.
1.my greatest muse is from memories where i learn a lesson or did something bad that i want to change.
ReplyDelete2. for me to do the best writing i need a quiet place where no one is in the same room so that i can get my thoughts down
When it comes to writing, my greatest muse comes from my past experiences and strange enough, my dreams. Without being able to experience and understand the event itself or something close to it, I don`t think I`d be able to write about it. Dreams are almost like you`re in another reality, you experience it, but it`s fuzzy and you usually forget. Nevertheless, it is still an experience that you get to go through. Most of them are somewhat twisted and crazy, but doesn`t that just make you want to write it down even more in a somewhat exaggerated way so you will never forget?
ReplyDeleteTo be able to write my best writing, it really depends on my mood. I can`t exactly force myself to write about certain things if I don`t exactly have that "feeling" But if I had to write whether I felt like it or not, I`d usually prefer to write in a quiet place where I can clear all my thoughts with NO ONE close by until I`m done. I also usually sketch a picture related to the topic to help me think of what to write next.
1) My greatest muse comes from my childhood memories. In my childhood a lot of things happened that i don't want to forget; things that's happy and things that are horrifying.
ReplyDelete2) i usually gets my best thinking/writing when i am in a quiet room with music, because when i listens to music; i won't get distracted.
1)My greatest muse must be my life because life is a muse to me XP
ReplyDelete2)I get my best thinking/writing in a quiet room where i am allow to brain storm in my own little world without any distraction.
Hmmm... Henry, I was hoping you could be more specific with your answer. Your muse is Life- but what part of your life?Surely not everything in your life serves as inspiration for your writing. See if you can be specific!
ReplyDeleteMs. M
Well i couldn't find the wednesday thingy so i guess i'll post here to show i visited the site.
ReplyDelete1.My greatest muse comes from childhood memories. I think that when I think about my childhood I always have something to write about.
2.What I need to write the best ever story is a 4 pl8 of cookies with 5L of 2% milk and A PENCIL!
1. My greatest muse comes comes from my adventures and experiencing the life of wonder, such as going to Brazil to visit my family. This is a great adventure of love and exciment and spending time with my family in the beach house or the farm or at the cabins far away from the city of Sao Paulo. But I would have to say that my greatest adventure would be when I meet new members of my family since i have a huge family.
ReplyDelete2. What I need to do in order to get my best writing is to be in my room where i am surrounded by any memories that have happened in my life as a reminder why i have the best family that anyone could ever get. And I wouldn't change that in any way.
MS MINUK !
ReplyDeleteI AM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING MY HOMEWORK YESTERDAY . my computer crashed . i apologize .
1. My muse comes from events that i already have been through . Life expriences and what not . But I mostly get it from my friends and vacation trips .
2. Quiet secluded place. Not that loud and not dead silent .
1)My greatest muse would most likely be from my childhood memories because back then I have learned and experienced a lot of things that has helped me get to where I am today.
ReplyDelete2)When it comes to doing my best writing I'd always prefer a quiet place to work in so that I could focus better.If not,then too much pressure would be put on me.
1)my greatest muse comes from my feelings/heart whenever i am writing something, like a poem.
ReplyDelete2)i need to be in a quiet place or even in the classroom thinking deeply about my feelings and thoughts.
1. My greatest muse comes from my feelings. How I feel and what's been going on lately in my life. Whether it be good or bad.
ReplyDelete2.What I need in order to get my best writing is paper!!! I don't care about the noise level in the room. But normally when I write, anything that comes to mind I scribble down. I'll write all over the place then put the stuff together in the end. So yeah, i need paper!! xD
1. When it comes to writing, my muse comes from personal experience, or what I hear recently and from childhood memories.
ReplyDelete2. Usually, I work the best at the last minute when I focus the most. Also, when I experience something new, I will be able to write my best piece.
1.When it comes to writing, my greatest muse comes from whatever is on my mind, basically memories or recent/past expereiences. I pretty much like to write about anything. Any topic.
ReplyDelete2.I work the best when I have something to think about. Either listening to my ipod or talking to my friends helps loosen up my thoughts. When i have a specific topic to write about, like if Mrs.Watson/Minuk wrote a word on the board for us to write about, then I get inspired to write in a more detailed way.
my muse comes from my memories and what i need to do my best work is paper and a pencil and a rubric
ReplyDelete1. My greatest muse comes from my childhood memories. I am always told stories of the events that happened when I was a child and they are all far more interesting and more emotionally inclined than events that are happening now, especially because most of these memories were spent in the company of my family and close friends.
ReplyDelete2. In order to write my best, I need a quiet place where i am better able to gather my thoughts and keep them in my head. I also need a spare piece of paper, which does not my hold my actual piece of writing, where I can write down notes that suddenly pop in my head that I can use at later time in my writing. For example if a phrase or sentence that seems conducive to my writing suddenly appears in my head, I would need to write it down on the spare piece of paper so that I do not forget it,
When it comes to writing, my greatest muse comes from past events that were very significant in my life or past experiences. I do find it hard though to come up with a topic to write about because sometimes I find that some events are not significant enough. So I have a hard time coming up with something. Which leads me on to the next part.....
ReplyDeleteI think to help get me thinking sometimes it helps if I start beginnings of poems and then I add onto the poem I think I find the best. And I think that I work best when I am in a room that has pictures or objects that remind me of a certain event. I also think that the room has to be relatively quite but not so quite that its weird.... haha... but anyways.. I think also I can do my best writing if I am able to talk about it with a friend first because sometimes they give me ideas.
1.) When it comes to writing I like to paticularlly write about things I enjoy to do like activities not really about peole or memories. I try to express my feelings as best as possible, if possible...
ReplyDelete2.) Usually when there is a deadline it's easier to focus and concentrate. I dont really have any special things I need whan I write for all I know.
My muse for my writing comes from my life experiences and from the people who were a part of that life experience.
ReplyDeleteIn order to focus on my writing I have to be in my room where it's all quiet and while sitting down in my thinking chair.
Sometimes listening to my favourite songs help too.
1. My greatest muse comes from childhood experiences and past relationships I've had with friends. Usually there is much to write about the past, since to me, the present is always so dull. But once I move away from it the events seem to light up and it seems worth writing about. Writing is a good oppertunity to reminisce the past.
ReplyDelete2. When I'm stuck, I need to be with someone, maybe they can give me some inspiration. Or I would listen to some music to get that inspiration if no one around was available. When I know what to write about I need to eliminate all distractions. Turn off MSN, internet, TV, ect. and just have my own space and get to it. As soon as I get the chance of getting distracted I'll take it, and end up not doing my work. But this won't happen if I'm doing last-minute work. I can have all the distractions going around me but still concentrate on my work.
1 my muses come from my memories of when I was young because thats was when i learned how to do everything I know how to do now.
ReplyDelete2 I work my best when my mind is not thinking about anything but my work, which is sorta hard because my brain does not like thinking but I think I could accomplish this best if I am in a quiet environment.
1. my greatest must comes from the most random times, it just pops up, but its usually a reflection of what happened in he past months, weeks, or days and how it impacted my life.
ReplyDelete2.To do my best writing, i need music with me to help me block myself from the rest of the world and concentrate on one thing, my writing. Its nice to have someone with you so your not totally alone. I like peace and quiet for my mind to be clear so i can hear my own thoughts and feelings.
1. When it comes to writing, my greatest muse would be from events that impact my emotions the most. Mostly they come from painful/embarassing memories, or daily teenage life. (Like what I went through, rejection, happiness, etc.) I find them fascinating somehow. ;)
ReplyDelete2. For me, I work best with time, and some music. Having to recall the emotions that I went through before is difficult, considering I stored them away already. But with help from music, I can definitely close my eyes and recall those hidden memories. Then, its all magic . =]
1. When it comes to writing, my greatest muse would come from a event that strongly impact my life. Most of the time it is a experience with someone else.
ReplyDelete2. All i need is a pen and paper with my music.
1. When it comes to writing, my greatest muse would come from my feelings because then they'll be coming from the bottom of my heart.
ReplyDelete2. To me, a quiet enviroment would be the most suitable choice for me because i can think better when its quiet
1) i guess that my greatest muse is my life, past events, present events, feelings, thoughts. sometimes my muse is music; songs that I can relate to.
ReplyDelete2)all i need is a quiet place where i can "hear myself think", maybe some music would be helpful to me too
1) My greatest muse is emotion. I don't know how to define it... I write about what I believe in, what I feel strongly about, and sometimes even what I would be willing to fight for (my next poem is probably going to be about a riot). My inspiration comes from my emotions, experiences, and most of all, music.
ReplyDelete2) This might sound strange, but I actually work best when I'm with my friends, joking around, listening to music... I guess that helps me pick up my emotions and figure out my true current feelings... But if I need quiet time, I can just block out the noise with the help of my music and ignorance. >=P
i get my ideas from everyday life and experiences because i think that experiences build who we are and if i was writing i would need a friend close by so if i get stuck i can ask them for their advice to help move my train of thought along futher
ReplyDeleteHi Ms. Minuk, sorry this is late, I wrote a response about a week ago, but it isnt on here. So I am going to try again!
ReplyDelete1) When I'm writing my greatest muse comes from my past experiences, and stuff that is close to my heart. When I know something really well, and like to write about it that is when I get that inpiration.
2) Most people say that they need complete silence to do their work, but when I work, I need atleast some noise in the background. Wheather its people talking to each other or listening to my iPod, I work my best when I have some noise in the background. That, or if I have a friend to talk to and ask stuff about what ever I'm writing about. Just for their oppinion.