Thinking of all of you-

Hello All You Hum 9er’s!

The last official day of classes has come and gone and I already feel a void in my heart. I have had a great year teaching you and more importantly- learning from all of you. You all have taught me so much about yourselves as learners and what I can do as an educator, to better assist you in your learning journey.

We have learned a lot about specific information in social studies, and how to write and read better in English, yet for me, this year was also about understanding and honouring who we all are as learners and how to advocate for ourselves. In reflection, I know that each of you have come far in both your personal and educational journey and I thank each one of you for allowing me to come along with you.

When you return next year, please do come find me and say hello, as I will miss you and how lovely it will be to hear from you.

I wish you all a summer filled with joy, happiness and most of all FUN!. Hopefully you'll pick up a something to read along the way and when you do, I hope you will stop and think of all the reading strategies you have learned and put them to use. I also hope that you continue to advocate for yourself and most importantly- Believe in yourself; I know I believe in each and every one of you. You are all capable of greatness. Be the change you want to see in the world (Mahatma Gandhi).

My best to you-
Most sincerely,
Ms. Minuk

PS: Keep Humming Along,

eminuk@sd38.bc.ca



Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Notes From Our Visit With Mr. Powell


If you need to convert a Mac doc to pc.; change the document to.doc or can go for free to open office, this is an open source that can open documents including docx documents

issu.com: can upload any pdf and it turns it into a book; can create photos/captions in iphoto and print it to your desktop as a pdf (not actual printing, really its saving to your desktop, then upload into issu. Can create a photo album and can share it with others and they don’t have to print it out.

http://www.scribd.com/: create an account, upload document then you will get a link so you can share your work

scrapblog.com: sign up with your account can select a theme and add, change or delete as you wish; click stickers and can load images (if there is a sticker on the selected image, you have to pay for it); you can go to “photo” and can upload your own photos. You can save your image in scrapblog as a picture then you use the jpg image in Animoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment